Monday, November 4, 2013

Reading Around The World

I first started keeping track of where I've traveled in books via a group on Goodreads. I've decided it's just easier for me to keep it here on my own blog, so from now on this is where I'll be posting my world travels :)

These are my travels since January 1, 2013 which is when I started keeping track. I've books based in many more countries but I began the challenge in 2013 so that's all that I'll include here. If a book is based in more than country I try to use the country that the majority of the book is set in unless I've already read a book from there. I also only chose one country per book.



North America

United States: Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank

Caribbean

Latin America

Mexico: The Diary of Frida Kahlo: An Intimate Self-Portrait by Frida Kahlo

Europe




France: Glamorous Illusions by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Spain: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Austria: Grave Consequences by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Netherlands: The Dinner by Herman Koch
The United Kingdom: Tess of The D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
Italy: The Seventh Sinner by Elizabeth Peters
Iceland: Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
Luxembourg: The Expats by Chris Pavone

Africa



Egypt: Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff
Djibouti: Talon: Combat Tracking Team by Ronie Kendig
Nigeria: My Name Used To Be Muhammad: A True Story of a Muslim Who Became a Christian by Tito Momen
Botswana: The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
MoroccoStolen Lives: 20 Years in a Desert Jail by Malika Oufkir

Middle East





Israel: Tribulation Force by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins
Turkey: In Turkey I am Beautiful by Brendan Shanahan
Pakistan: I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up For Education and Was Shot By The Taliban by Malala Yousafzai
Iran: Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
Asia





Nepal: Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster by Jon Krakauer
Japan"Daisuki" by Hildred Billings
China: The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan

Oceania & Australia

Australia: Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain by Portia de Rossi

Other

Antarctica: Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...