Thursday, January 9, 2014

Book Review: Burial Rites


Mini Review:

Thanks to this book, I think I'm obsessed with Iceland now. Oh my goodness, this story was so interesting! Burial Rites is the story of Agnes, a woman convicted of taking part in the murder of two men on the farm where she's working. Even though Agnes is only one of three people accused of murder all of Iceland despises her the most because she appears to be "smarter" than the other two people and she's a "thinking woman". 

Agnes is sent to a farm to await her execution (in real life, she was the last person in Iceland to be executed). The family at first is wary of her, but they learn things aren't always what they seem and Agnes might not be the crazed murderess they've heard of about. One of the coolest things about this book (which I didn't know until the end) is that this book is actually based on true events.

The story was haunting and atmospheric. I loved it and highly recommend it. I am giving Burial Rites 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...