Thursday, January 9, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Claudia and The Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-Sitters Club #2)

1986

One hour left in Thursday and I'm finally getting my Throwback Thursday review posted! Talk about last minute.

Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls is the second book in The Baby-Sitters Club series. I just love this series. Even re-reading the books as an adult for these Throwback Thursday reviews, I still love them. They're still just as good as they were when I was in elementary school. 

In this book there's a phantom caller who is robbing people of their pricey jewels. His modus operandi is he calls people (usually twice) but just hangs up after they answer. During one call he was actually in the house when he called. The girls begin receiving similar phone calls while they're babysitting. Is this the phantom caller or just someone playing tricks on the babysitters? 

This one is a pretty decent mystery. I kind of thought I knew what was going on, but I wasn't sure. I ended up not being too fond of the outcome. I thought it sort of cheapened the rest of the book. A few parts of the book were actually a bit spooky, but the outcome was a little too cheesy for my preference. Of course, the book was written for girls about 20 years younger than me, so Ann M. Martin is forgiven. 

I am giving Claudia and The Phantom Phone Calls 4 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this series too and have some of the books but never got this one (the ones I had were second hand from a friend). I agree, they're still good now, if young. Well done on What's In A Name, I very much approve of your choice of book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...