Sunday, November 3, 2013

It's Monday! What are you Reading?


I haven't participated in It's Monday! for what seems like a really long time! I miss doing weekly memes and there's a few I'd like to start-up again and this is one of them.

Reading Now

My Story by Elizabeth Smart

This is my current audiobook. I downloaded it off of Audible and plan to post my review during Women's History Month (March) where I'll be featuring memoirs written by women on the blog. This book is pretty intense and I'm finding myself feeling a bit angry and stressed while listening to Elizabeth's narrative (she reads for the audiobook herself). I think that's how you know a book is good though, when it draws you in enough to alter your mood. If anyone else is interested in doing Women's History Month with me maybe I can make one of those LinkyThings so we all can share our reviews?

My Name Used To Be Muhammad by Tito Momen

Oddly enough both memoirs I'm currently reading are written by Mormons (maybe that's not so odd, considering I'm Mormon). I'm still in the early stages of this one, which is about a Nigerian man who converts from Islam to LDS.

Dracula by Bram Stoker

I started reading Dracula in October with the aim of posting it for Halloween. I'm enjoying it, but I didn't dedicate enough time to it and so when I do finish I'm just going to schedule the review for next October (lol).

A Family for Christmas by Winnie Griggs

I'm going to try to read at least some Christmas books, tis the season after all! Well, it's almost the season. This is a cute one so far and I just love that family on the cover.

Dolphin's at Daybreak

This is the 9th in the Magic Tree House series which my 5-year-old son loves. We're currently reading this one. Reading chapter books is kind of hard for us right now since I work at nights and when I come home he's already sleeping, but we're getting a chapter or two in when we can. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...