1. The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan. Really good so far! I don't usually by books full price when they first come out, but I had to with Amy Tan. She hasn't released a book in about eight years and she's one of my favorite authors.
2. Million Dollar Christmas Proposal by Lucy Monroe. This is my first Harlequin Presents book. The writing isn't the best, but the story is pretty interesting even though it is a bit unbelievable.
3. Persuasion by Jane Austen. I hate to admit that I've never read a Jane Austen book before. I bought this one when it was the Audible Deal of The Day sometime last week. I've only listened to about two chapters so far, but it hasn't really caught my interest yet.
4. Ghost Town at Sundown by Mary Pope Osborne. This one I'm reading to my five-year-old son. He loves the Magic Tree House series and I love how they're fun and educational. This one is based in the Wild West and it's pretty good so far.
5. Dracula by Bram Stoker. Leftover from Halloween. I haven't read it much this past week even though I have been enjoying it. It's just sort of been put on the back burner since I've been trying to do some Christmas reading.
Reviewed This Week
1. Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple. 4 out of 5 stars.
2. My Name Used To Be Muhammad by Tito Momen. 3 out of 5 stars.
3. The Dinner by Herman Koch . 2 out of 5 stars.
4. Dolphins at Daybreak by Mary Pope Osborne. 4 out of 5 stars.
|Hosted by Ariel Avalon|
The link to my challenge can be found here, but the challenge doesn't start until 2014.