Friday, November 8, 2013

Book Review: Dolphins at Daybreak


Dolphins at Daybreak is the 9th book in the Magic Tree House series. In this installment, Jack and his little sister Annie find themselves on a coral reef trying to solve a riddle. If they solve they solve the riddle Morgan la Fey will make them Master Librarians. Jack and Annie have exciting encounters with a leaky submarine, an octopus, a hammerhead shark, and a pair of dolphins. 

In my opinion, Dolphins at Daybreak is the most exciting book in the series thus far. I'm pretty sure that my five-year-old son, Zachery, would agree. I find that sometimes the Magic Tree House books will have somewhat of a lull in the middle or they get to the point where I'm thinking, "oh my God are they ever going to complete their mission? Hurry up, for Christ's Sake." However, in Dolphins at Daybreak I found the story line moved along super fast-paced. The fast-pace was great because that meant it was able to fully hold Zachery's attention. I never noticed his mind seeming to wander away.

4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...