Monday, July 8, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


Finished 

Audiobooks:

 Garden of Shadows by V.C. Andrews
4 out of 5 stars

Kindle: 

Untamed by Anna Cowan
1 out of 5 stars
Check out my review here.

Once Upon A Prince by Rachel Hauck
3 out of 5 stars
Check out my review here.

My reading is down significantly! I think it's because it's summer time and I have three children to watch during the day. So, I used to get in some extra reading time when I was done cleaning and feeding my son and baby. But, now with my little sister (she's 7) who is home now my time is down. Trying to keep up with all of them keeps me busy! I'm going to try to work towards my goal of one (physical/ebook) every 2 days, which means reading 50% of a book every day. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but if I aim towards it, I'll at least get close. I have so many ARCs to read from NetGalley it's insane! I'm still reading the books from MAY.

New Books

Rutherford Park by Elizabeth Cooke
I pre-ordered this one from Amazon and forgot about it... so when I was charged for it and it arrived in the mail it was a surprise! I'm not even sure if I'm going to like it or when I'll get around to reading it.

Winning The Widow's Heart by Sherri Shackelford

Homefront Hero by Allie Pleiter

I received both of the Love Inspired Historicals free from Harlequin Reader Service.

Currently Reading

Audiobook: Silence by Becca Fitzgerald

Chloe

New on her shelf: 

Meet Cecile by Denise Lewis Patrick

Meet Marie-Grace by Sarah Masters Buckey

Meet Josefina by Valerie Tripp

Meet Rebecca by Jacqueline Dembar Greene

Meet Kaya by Janet Beeler Shaw

As you can see Chloe got an influx of American Girl books this week! We bought them used so they were only a few dollars each and as always American Girl books seem to have been so special to the little girls who had them before they were donated to various book shops, that they are almost always in near perfect condition! We only have three more American Girl books left to read from the first books in the series. Instead of reading them in order and by series, we decided to read all the first books, then all the second books, and so on. It's interesting that way!

The Space Between by Kiki Thorpe

We were grocery shopping at Publix and Chloe found this one in the book section. We just read the first one last week and she's been eager to find out what happens to The Never Girls! Lucky for Chloe, she had her own allowance money with her so she bought this one all by herself and she's really proud of it! If you want to read my review for the first one click here.

Read this week: 

In A Blink (The Never Girls #1)
4 out of 5 stars
Review here.

Meet Josefina
3 out of 5 stars
Review here.

Currently Reading: 

The Space Between by Kiki Thorpe


Zachery

New on his shelf: 

The Magic Tree House box set #5-8
We ordered these from Amazon. The box sets are the best way to go! He loves them!

Read this week: 

Pirates Past Noon by Mary Pope Osborne
4 out of 5 stars

Night of The Ninjas by Mary Pope Osborne
4 out of 5 stars

We REALLY love the Magic Tree House books. They are so fun and educational! They are also the perfect length for a read-out-loud chapter book for a five-year-old.

Currently Reading:

 Afternoon on the Amazon by Mary Pope Osborne




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...