Half Price Books comprised a list of 66 books about families. I love books about families, so I was excited to find this list! Like the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die list as I randomly read these books I'll mark it off this list. I'd like to read all of them, but no guarantees! I'm not actively pursuing the list, but I'd like to keep track of the ones I read off of it. I've already read some of them, so I have a head start and most of these are on my to-read wishlist so I think I'll eventually have them all read.
Geek Love by Katherine Dunn. Review. 1 out of 5 stars. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.Review. 2 out of 5 stars.
- Helter Skelter: The Manson Murders by Vincent Bugliosi -Own-
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen -Own-
- A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews. Review. 5 out of 5 stars.
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck -Own-
Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? by Jeanette Winterson Where'd You Go, Bernadetteby Maria Semple. Review. 4 out of 5 stars.
- Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon
- Queen's Own by Mercedes Lackey
- The Thornbirds by Colleen McCullough -Own-
- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
- The Liars' Club by Mary Karr
- Tilt by Elizabeth Burns
- Ten Kids No Pets by Ann M. Martin
- The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
- Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger2 out of 5 stars.
- Julie of The Wolves by Jean Craighead George
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery -Own-
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Review. 5 out of 5 stars.
- Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn -Own-
- Freedom by Johnathan Franzen
- Ordinary People by Judith Guest
- The Yearling by Marjorie Rawlings
- Random Family by Adrian Nicole LeBlanc
- Salvage The Bones by Jesmyn Ward
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez -Own-
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens -Own-
- Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Clearly
- The Other by Thomas Tryon
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. Review. 5 out of 5 stars.
- Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
- Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger
- All-of-a-Kind Family by Sydney Taylor
The Watsons Go To Birmingham by Christopher Paul Curtis. Review. 4 out of 5 stars.
- Danny, The Champion of The World by Roald Dahl
- The Believers by Zoe Heller
- This is Where I Leave You by Johnathan Tropper
- Don't Let's Go To The Dogs Tonight by Alexandra Fuller
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
- Lookaway, Lookaway by Wilton Barnhardy
- The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
- Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling (in progress)
- Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton -Own-
- The Little House on The Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Awkward Family Photos by Mike Bender
- Bee Season by Myla Goldberg
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee -Own-
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Betsy-Tacy by Maud Hart Lovelace
- Family: The Ties That Bind... and Gag! by Erma Bombeck
The Middlesteins by Jami AttenbergReview: 5 out 5 stars.
- The Enchanted Book by Jan Brett
- Long Day's Journey Into Night by Eugene O'Neill
- The Borrowers by Mary Norton
- Life Among The Savages by Shirley Jackson
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
- Sounder by William H. Armstrong
- Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut -Own-
- Light Years by James Salter
- Father and Sons by Ivan Turgenev
- Barney's Version by Mordecai Richler
One For The Money by Janet Evanovich. Review. 5 out of 5 stars.
- The Godfather by Mario Puzo