Monday, March 3, 2014

Book Review: Hyperbole and a Half

Women's History Month

For Women's History Month The Book Babe will be focusing on memoirs written by women, biographies of women throughout history, and books that highlight women's issues or have a feminist focus.


Hyperbole and a Half is a hilarious graphic memoir by blogger Allie Brosh. Prior to this reading book, I never visited Allie's blog. Now that I have, I will definitely keep going back for more. I'm ready for a sequel to this book, I didn't want it to end!

I loved Allie's brutal honesty about herself... and her pets. As I was reading I kept feeling happier and more proud of myself for not owning pets. I'm sure that's not what Allie wanted people to feel, since she obviously loves her pets. My favorite chapter was the goose story. My grandmother had two geese, which were vicious horrible creatures. I hated them, they were brutal and would attack me and chase cars and bite the tires. So, I could imagine the horror of actually having one in your home... attacking your unsuspecting boyfriend. 

Pretty hilarious, actually.

So yeah, I totally enjoyed this book and it was my first ever graphic memoir! Pat on the back to me. I am giving Hyperbole and a Half 5 out of 5 stars. I also highly recommend checking out Allie's blog in case you haven't already.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...