Friday, February 7, 2014

Book Review: Persuasion

7 Days of Romance
Valentine's Day Reading


"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope... I have loved none but you."

I hate to admit this is my first Jane Austen novel! As an avid bookworm all my life, I have yet to pick up a Jane Austen book until now. Sad, I know. I actually listened to the audiobook version of this book, I picked it up on the cheap when it was Audible's Deal of The Day. 

I can't say that I really enjoyed it too much or see what all the Jane Austen fuss is about. The book was good, but I don't think it quite lived up to all the hype that surrounds Austen. I guess I just expected something mind-blowing. However, I might have started with the wrong Austen novel, since it seems Pride and Prejudice is the most popular. I have that one too and look forward to reading it. 

I also didn't find this book to be all that romantic. Nothing really made me swoon. The story was good and it was often funny which I didn't expect, but it was hardly romantic. The quote above is probably the most romantic line from the entire book. However, like I said I did enjoy the story and I found the characters to be especially colorful and fun.

I am giving Persuasion 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...