Thursday, January 2, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Best Friends (Sweet Valley Twins #1)

1986

This book was written the year I was born :o Crazyyy. What's even crazier is that it's still totally relatable today. It turns out in the past 27 years not much has changed with sibling relationships and middle school friendships. I don't remember if I read any of the Sweet Valley Twins series as a child, I do remember owning a few of the Sweet Valley High books. I thought I'd start with the Twins and bypass the Sweet Valley Kids series. 

I read this book in one night, I can't say how long it really took as I was continuously interrupted by the children (at one point a glass of water being spilled all over me). But, the book is only about 100 pages so it's definitely a quick read.

I enjoyed the book quite a bit, even though the characters are in middle school I was still amused by their lives. I find I relate much more to Elizabeth, the bookworm sister. Jessica, the superficial dumb sister I don't really like at all and I can see her turning into a villain later. Elizabeth is a good person and isn't afraid to stand up for herself or others. Whereas, Jessica will say or do whatever it takes to be popular.

I'm giving Best Friends 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...