I have a pretty decent book haul this week. The past few weeks, I have forgotten to make a Showcase Sunday post! Glad to be back on track this week :)
In The Mail
- Force of Nature by Dana Mentink. This one is about a hurricane or something. I don't know, I like books about crazy weather.
- Wilderness Peril by Elizabeth Goddard. This one has been getting some pretty good reviews on blogs that I follow.
- Ten Kids, No Pets by Ann M. Martin. Ann M. Martin is the best. I loved this book when I read it in late elementary school or early middle school. I'm going to use it for one of my Throwback Thursday posts.
For My Son
- Darth Vader and Son by Jeffrey Brown. This one looks really cute, I ordered it off Amazon and put it away for Christmas.
- The Other Typist: A Novel by Suzanne Rindell. This one has been pretty popular over the past year. When I got my Audible credits this month, I finally picked it up. Hoping it's good. Side note: when will Audible enact plans to allow for more than two credits a month? That's nothing for me!
- Cascade by Maryanne O'Hara. I just started this one today. I'm only a little ways in and it's fairly good so far. I just love the cover and it's honestly what drew me to the book. Plus, it's about an artist.
- Book Lovers: Stories. This is an erotica I'm going to review for my After Dark blog and it seems pretty good. Basically re-imagined scenes from classic books and bookish love scenes.
- Control by Charlotte Stein. Another erotica for After Dark.
- Crash Into You by Katie McGarry. This book is getting reviewed on lots of book blogs lately. I haven't read any of the others from this series, but it seems pretty popular.
- Dancing Through It: My Journey In The Ballet by Jenifer Ringer. I love memoirs, so I look forward to this.
- Lost in a Royal Kiss by Vanessa Kelly. I just use the Nook app on my phone, so I rarely actually read the free books I download onto it. But, just in case I get a Nook one day I guess.
- The First Sinners by Kate Pearce. Another free book. Like the last one this one is a prequel novella to a series I've never read before.
- Cotillion by Georgette Heyer. This one was on sale for $1.99. I've heard that this is a great introduction to Georgette Heyer if you've never read her before (like me).
- Soy Sauce For Beginners by Kirsten Chen. This was also only $1.99 thanks to the new Kindle First benefit for Amazon Prime members. I love this new feature. I still didn't read the Kindle First book I got last month, but it looked good too. There's just so many benefits to having a Kindle, I'm loving mine (I just bought a Kindle in October).