Friday, November 22, 2013

Book Review: A Small Town Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Reading


When ghostwriter Samantha takes a job in the small town of Forever, Texas the last thing she expects is to find love. She especially doesn't expect to find love with the rude and emotionally handicapped Mike. Samantha is invited to Mike's father's ranch to turn the memoirs of Mike's great-great-great-great-grandmother into a book. Sam completely immerses herself in the memoirs. Everyone in Mike's family welcomes Samantha and begins to see her as one of their own... except Mike. 

Mike isn't open to some big city author mooching off of his father. He could go through the memoirs himself... one day when he has the time. Samantha is welcome on the ranch as far as he's concerned and he's not her chauffeur or host. But... as annoyed as he is with his father's decision and Samantha's intrusion into his life why does he find himself falling in love with her?

I really enjoyed this book. This is the first book I've read in Harlequin's American Romance line and I look forward to reading more. This book was short and sweet. If I didn't have children or things to do I could probably have read it in about two hours. The story is a cozy romance set in rural Texas. The family in the story is charming, as well as the entire town.

I really like this cute story, however there were two things that annoyed me:

1. The overuse of the word "deadpanned". 

2. What seemed like an incomplete story line. Samantha made a somewhat big deal over helping the Native Americans who live on the reservation, however nothing ever came to fruition and that part of the story seemed to be totally forgotten about. 

Overall A Small Town Thanksgiving was a warm and toasty fall romance and I am giving it 4 out of 5 stars. If I get the time I'd like to go back and read more in the Forever, Texas series and if there's more I'll gladly read them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...