Sunday, October 6, 2013

Dark Arts: Ladies of The Lake

Spooky art will be featured on The Book Babe during the month of October. As some of you may know, I'm a big art junkie. I have several art boards on Pinterest and have even taken up buying art prints. I really love all kinds of art. From contemporary to Rococo. Pre-Raphaelite to folk art. 

Ladies of The Lake by Rob Gonsalves





Rob Gonsalves is one of my favorite contemporary artists. His works are described as magic realism and are often compared to surrealism. Ladies of The Lake is one of my favorites and it's perfect for the month of October. I was just reading in a collection of ghost stories about haunted lakes throughout the United States. It makes me wonder what the story behind this painting is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...