Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Goodwill Book Haul

I'm not a very big fan of Goodwill. I think their clothes are overpriced for them being used clothing, I can go to Ross and spend $1 or $2 more and get something brand new. I also don't have the patience to wade through racks of clothing that are categorized by color and not size. That is truly annoying. A waste of time, in my opinion. However, today I went in with my mom who was looking for an outfit to wear to 1970s Day at her work tomorrow. I was excited when I remembered my friend mentioning that they have a big used books section. She was definitely right. They had tons of books and for only $1 a piece for paperbacks. I didn't look at the hardcovers so I'm not sure how much they were. My only complaint is like their clothes, their books weren't sorted. It was driving me crazy looking through a bunch of different genres on the same shelf! But, hard works pays off and I found some books I'm excited about.

Here's what I bought:

Melody by V.C. Andrews

I've been on a V.C. Andrews kick lately. I'm reading through her first series, Dollanganger, for the past few weeks. This one is the first book in the Logan series and I'm not sure if this is one that she actually wrote or if it was her ghostwriter. Either way, I'd love to read through all her books by the time I'm 80.

Illinois Weddings by Becky Melby and Cathy Weinke

This is one of the books in the Romancing America series. Basically each book is a collection of three or four novellas about people falling in love and getting married in different states and usually the novellas featured in each book has connecting characters. These are cute, Christian romances and I've reviewed two others on my blog Bluegrass Bachelors and Calico Brides. I also own Michigan Brides, but I haven't got around to reading that one yet.

Rocky Point Reunion by Barbara McMahon

I bought all the Love Inspired books that I found there. These are exactly what I was hoping to find. I don't even know what this one is about, but it's based in Maine and I think that's always an interesting state to read about.

Narrow Escape by Camy Tang

This is a book in the Love Inspired Suspense series. I'm not usually a big fan of stalker or kidnapping books because they really stress me out, but I like Camy Tang and I've been trying to collect all of her books. All the Love Inspired books are Christian, so I'm thinking it shouldn't be too intense.

Return To Rosewood by Bonnie K. Winn

This says it's actually the fifth in the series, but I decided to buy it anyways. Usually the series within the Love Inspired series have each book introducing new characters, but still catching up with old characters. I think this one be the same, but if not it's no loss. I also like books based in Texas usually.

The Rocky Road To Romance by Janet Evanovich

I'm a big Janet Evanovich fan. I think she is just so funny and she's a great storyteller. This is one of her romance novels she wrote before she hit it big with the Stephanie Plum books.

So that is my Goodwill haul. I will DEFINITELY be going back to look for more books down the road. I'm super frugal and there used books are reasonably priced and from what I saw in pretty good shape. 

Grand Total:

$6!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...