Tuesday, April 30, 2013

National Recommitment Month

Hello Bookworms!

May is National Recommitment Month. The Goodread's group Bookworm Bitches is hosting a mini reading challenge this month in it's honor. Let's recommit to reading books we did not finish, this is a great month to do it!  Here's the titles I'm committing to read again and finally finish. I don't know if I'll be able to finish all of them, but I'm certainly going to try. The challenge is to read three books you didn't finish.

Cleopatra: A Life

Stopped reading because it read like a textbook, in fact textbooks are livelier. Very dull.

The Help

Stopped reading because I just wasn't in the mood for reading. Then, I had to turn it back in to the Library.

The Alchemist

Stopped reading because I couldn't get into the whole parable thing... and it's about a shepherd, I think a wizard might have also been mentioned.


I'm also going to try and finish these:

Michal


The Professor and The Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity, and the Making of the Oxford Dictionary

Pride & Prejudice

What other goals do you want to recommit yourself to? I think I'll recommit myself to exercising daily. What books have you read and not finished? What makes you put down a book? What makes you pick a book up again?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...