Friday, January 24, 2014

Book Review: The Weight of Silence


Mini Review:

This book first came on my radar several years ago when I was on in Border's while in between shifts at a restaurant where I was working. I had walked over there and was browsing the shelves and one of the employees started raving to me about how great this book was and how I should definitely read it. I didn't take her up on her recommendation then, but I always kept it in mind for future reference. Flash forward about six years later and here we are, I finally read the book. 

This book... oh my God... it was AWESOME. I haven't read a book in so long that kept me on the edge of my seat like this one. Sometimes I was almost shaking with anticipation. I had to know what was going on. I had to know whodunnit. I absolutely loved every minute, it was never dull and the mystery both about why Calli went mute and the reasons behind the girl's disappearances were both so intriguing. Even all the characters were so interesting and I loved all their narratives.

I very highly recommend this suspenseful thriller set in a small-town in Iowa. I am giving The Weight of Silence 5 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...