Saturday, December 7, 2013

Book Review: Holiday Royale

Christmas Reading


Holiday Royale is the latest in Harlequin's The Bravo Royales miniseries. Like most Harlequin miniseries, the books in this series can be read in any order and work well even as standalone novels. Past characters are referenced or may make appearances, but they aren't super relevant to the current character's stories. 

That being said, Holiday Royale is the story of Lucy Cordell who has been very ill most of her life with heart problems. She vacations to the fictional country of Montedoro (located somewhere in Europe) to spend time with her brother, Noah, and his in-laws who are Montedoro royalty. All her life Lucy has been treated like a child and she is still a virgin because most men won't take a chance on her, not wanting to break her heart. Lucy decides Prince Damien would be a great candidate for her first time and sets out to make that happen.

This book was okay for me. I am discovering that the few books involving fairy tale-esque stories and women falling in love with princes from fictional European countries, don't really keep my interest so much. I've never been into the whole Prince Charming thing. Also, the writing to me wasn't very engaging. I think it was a little overly cute and sweet for me, even for a Harlequin romance. The story just didn't have a lot of intrigue for me. It really has nothing to do with the author's writing or story development. Someone else would probably love this book, it's just I didn't make a personal connection with these particular characters or their lives. 

I am giving Holiday Royale 3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...