Saturday, November 30, 2013

Snapshot Saturday

Snapshot Saturday is a weekly meme hosted by West Metro Mommy Reads.

This week we celebrated Thanksgiving. It was just me, my mom, and the children. We made Turkey, green bean casserole, backed mashed potatoes, rolls, stuffing, and rum cake. We also bought a pumpkin and apple pie from Publix. Everything tasted really yummy... however, it's Saturday now so I'm over the Thanksgiving food!


The Turkey!

We actually tried a new recipe for the Turkey that my best friend uses. Instead of stuffing it with stuffing (which is gross anyways) you stuff it was stuff that gives it flavor and creates juices like lemons, lime, orange, carrots, onion, and a few other things. The top is just seasoned with Adobo and Cilantro. The turkey was very flavorful, but not overwhelmingly so.

The Rum Cake waiting for its turn in the oven

The rum cake is also a new addition to our Thanksgiving table! This is my first time making rum cake and I found the recipe for it here.

My mom prepping the baked mashed potatoes

The baked mashed potatoes were another new recipe. Usually she just makes stove top mashed potatoes, but we used a recipe from Framed Cooks. The only thing that I found about this recipe (too late) is that it lacks flavor. Next time we'll add some sort of flavor to it.

Go home rum cake, you're drunk.

Okay so the rum cake didn't turn out so well. About ten minutes before it was supposed to be done, it started burning on the bottom really bad. I took it out of the oven and portions of the inside didn't cook. I put it back in on low to try to cook up, but it still didn't turn out that good. It still tasted okay, so portion of burnt and uncooked pieces :/


My plate was so loaded! We definitely use paper plates on holidays... just keeping it classy.


Trista sleeping after her meal, she fell asleep while everyone was still eating. Now, I know turkey is the nap time trick ;)

Green bean casserole was her favorite food!

Trista waiting for her food to be ready.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...