Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Book Review: Unexplained Fevers


As I've said before I don't really know the proper way to review poetry. I can say that I could see people who don't typically read poetry enjoying these whimsical fairy tale-based poems. The poems were reminiscent to me of lyrics by singer-songwriter Tori Amos or other indie Lilith Fair types (though I don't think Tori Amos ever participated in that). I enjoyed them much better than the last book of poetry I read. I think my favorite poem was 'The Mermaid Loses Her Voice'. I am giving this lovely collection of poetry 4 out of 5 stars.

I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book courtesy of NetGalley and New Binary Press in exchange for a honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...